- Conserve Energy – Reduce energy by switching off the lights and closing windows if heating is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home.
- Give the car a holiday – Leave the car behind, if only for a day. Walk, cycle of use public transport. Local walking routes and maps are provided.
- Shop local – Use local products, they give a flavor of the area and help support local communities. We are fortunate to have some fantastic producers of food, drink, and arts and crafts in our region, Ask about local markets or local and regional organic produce or see our News blogs on our website.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Try to avoid overly packaged goods and say no to that extra carrier bag. Try and recycle any waste you have and use the bins provided.
- Be Water Wise – Please use water wisely. Turn off the taps when brushing and use the towels and robes provided wisely.
- Respect Nature – Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly. Please let us know if you see any interesting flora and fauna.
- Support Green Tourism Businesses – There are hundreds of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded Bronze, Silver and Gold for their efforts to be more environmentally responsible. See www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
And most importantly, have a great time when you are here!