Here is your chance to win some fantastic prizes and see your own photo published in a calendar, with all proceeds to the conservation charity the RSPB, the BBC Children In Need Appeal and other local charities.
Fuller’s Hill Cottages is launching a ‘Wildlife and Nature’ photography competition, which the whole family can get involved in!
We’d love to see your photos, which can be of any subject showing nature and wildlife at it’s most stunning, whether taken in the deepest, darkest countryside or in your very own back garden.
From mammals, birds and insects to flowers, trees and landscapes, or anything in-between!
So, get out there, start snapping, get creative and enter you picture.
The winning entrants will be invited to collect their prizes at the RSPB headquarters at The Lodge, in Sandy, Beds, as part of the Big Garden Birdwatch warm- up weekend event on Sunday January 21st 2018.
Prizes for 16 and over
1st Prize: 3 night stay at Fuller’s Hill Cottages
2nd Prize: An annual subscription to Amateur Photographer magazine
3rd Prize: Bottle of Champagne and chocolates
Prizes for under 16
1st Prize: canvas print of your winning photo by Crestar Ltd
2nd Prize: VTech 170703 KidiZoom Action Camera
3rd Prize: Photo cushion by Max Spielmann
Ben Andrew – RSPB Picture Researcher & Award Winning Wildlife Photographer
Darren Harbour – Internationally Published Local Photographer
Viv Nicholas – Wildlife Photographer
Award Ceremony at The RSPB Lodge, Sandy on Sunday 21st January 2018
Thank you to our supporters at The RSPB, Crestar Ltd and Max Spielmann.
Please Read Important Information & Rules of Entry
1) The subject for the Fuller’s Hill Cottages’ Photo Competition is “Wildlife & Nature.” The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must have the natural world at their heart. You might choose to photo British wildlife (which includes animals and plants), landscapes or even the weather. Pictures of domestic animals (eg pets and livestock) are not eligible. Images of British wildlife in captivity must be declared as such.
2) Entries must be taken in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
3) Entrants to submit one photo either as prints or slides, in colour or black and white. Digital images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with PHOTO COMP in the subject heading. Attachments must be smaller than 3MB. Please label all entries with your name, address, phone number, age and where the photo was taken.
4) Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. Fuller’s Hill Cottages and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
5) The competition is open to UK residents only (including residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
6) Entrants must not be professional photographers and, for the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
7) Each entry should be marked with name, address, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening), age and where the photo was taken.
8) Entries should be sent to: Fuller’s Hill Cottages’ Photo Competition 2017, BBC, Ash Tree Cottage, Fuller’s Hill, Little Gransden, Sandy, SG19 3BP.
9) The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 24th December 2017.
10) No entries can be returned and proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
11) All entries will be judged by a panel of 3 judges. A shortlist of 12 (the “Finalists”) will be selected by the judges which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, interpretation of the brief and the commercial appeal of the photographs. The 12 Final photographs to be selected from the entrants by the judges and shall appear in the Fuller’s Hill Cottages Calendar 2019, to be sold in aid of The RSPB and the BBC Children in Need Appeal. The prizes are as stated. There is no cash alternative and it cannot be sold or transferred.
12) The judges’ decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
13) All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
14) Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
15) Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to Jefferies Farming Partners. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Jefferies Farming Partners the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on all social media, print and on the Fuller’s Hill Cottages’ website. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists or selected to appear in the Fuller’s Hill Cottages Calendar 2019 pursuant to paragraph 11 above grant to Jefferies Farming Partners the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that everyuse of the photographs will include the photographers’ names.
16) By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Jefferies Farming Partners reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Jefferies Farming Partners has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
17) Jefferies Farming Partners reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
18) If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made; Jefferies Farming Partners reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
19) The prize of a 3 night stay at Fuller’s Hill Cottages must be taken before the 31st December 2018 and excludes July and August, and subject to availability.
20) These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Fuller’s Hill Cottages.