Here at Fullers Hill Cottages, we are committed to sustainability and to providing a good quality service whilst minimising the environmental impact of our activities. A symbol of this commitment is our membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme. The scheme provides accreditation and encouragement for tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities.
Examples of the main steps we have taken to reduce our impact are below:
• Installation of 60kw solar panels which provides all the power for the apartments
• We have an eco-friendly ground source heat pump, sourcing heat from beneath the ground of the car park to power the hot water and underfloor heating
• We have excellent natural and renewable hemp core and wood fibre insulation and double glazed units throughout the cottages.
- We recycle glass, plastic, metal and paper, ink cartridges and nespresso capsules
- We use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Making sure existing hedgerows are managed to encourage nesting birds, small animals and wild flowers
- We encourage sustainable tourism by providing information on walking and cycling both in Waresley Wood and the surrounding fields
- We promote the use of local produce and supplies for our breakfast hampers and supper boxes. The food and drink mainly coming from the local Farm Shop
- All kitchen appliances have an energy rating A or B throughout the apartments All the lighting in the apartments are LED, and the exterior lighting is on a dusk timer so that they turn off at midnight
- We have installed a charging point for electric vehicles
- We coppice the hedgerows for our fire wood which allows the hedgerows to re-grow. These are cropped every 20 years in a managed way
- We encourage our visitors to tell us about any wildlife sighting they have so we can record it on our blogs
- We have initiated local fundraising and increased our community involvement and spirit with our annual charity airshow in aid of BBC Children in Need
- We are continually collaborating with local businesses to help support the local economy, help reduce fuel consumption and help promote Green Tourism
We value the opinion and suggestions of our guests. You can tell us directly or use the feedback form provided. Thank you.