1. Visitors to the Botanic Garden in Cambridge can join in an Easter hunt with a difference. Designed by local artist Jane Thewlis, the trail involves a series of clues – the first of which can be collected at the Bateman Street entrance to the garden anytime between 11am and 2.30pm next Tuesday and Wednesday. The trail costs £1 per head and is suitable for all the family. For more information visit www.botanic.cam.ac.uk or call (01223) 336265.
2. Go on an egg hunt Thanks to Cadbury’s, young visitors to National Trust properties across Cambridgeshire can follow Easter trails this weekend, and find their very own chocolate egg. There will be egg hunts at Peckover House, Houghton Mill, Wicken Fen, Anglesey Abbey and Wimpole Home Farm (where there will be a host of other activities, including butter-making classes for kids). For full details visit www.eastereggtrail.com
3. Go green Welney Wetland Centre is going eco-friendly this Easter – giving children the chance to make themselves a bonnet from solely recycled materials. After the art session, which is being held on Saturday, the little ones can show off their creations in an Easter bonnet parade. There will also be an egg hunt set up around the nature reserve. The festivities begin at 11am and run until the parade at 3pm. For more information visit www.wwt.org.uk/welney or ring (0135) 860711.
4. An Easter Fun Day at Wandlebury Country Park will have your little ones scurrying about a photo-trail egg hunt and making all sorts of crafts. Bring a packed lunch. Wandlebury Country Park, Babraham, April 19 11am – 4pm, booking essential £7.50 per child (members £5.50) adults free! Book on 07833598155 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. At Audley End your little ones can put their detective skills to the test. You’ll meet characters from the past with intriguing stories of times gone by. Hunt down missing eggs around the grounds and be rewarded with a yummy Easter prize. Audley End House and Gardens, April 1 – 15. For full details visit http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/events/easter-adventure-quest-Aud-18-04-2014/